Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
WU: Warm-up (No Measure)
FOAM ROLL and ACTIVATION
Foam Roll (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Shoulder Protocol (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Hip Halo Protocol (~5:00)
1. Pigeon Pose – 1:00/Side
2. Couch Stretch – 1:00/Side
3. Calf Stretch On Post – 1:00/Side
4. Active Spiderman – 1:00
5. Ankle Stretch – 1:00/Side
1:00 Easy Bike
10 Air Squats
10 Box Step-Ups
1: Strict Pull-Ups (CUSTOM)
[BASED ON MAX UNBROKEN SET]
5 Unbroken: 4-3-3-2-2
10 Unbroken: 9-8-7-6-6
15 Unbroken: 12-10-8-6-6
20 Unbroken: 18-15-12-8-6
25 Unbroken: 20-16-12-8-8
– We will be using our max reps score from week 1 to determine our work to do here. Complete these reps the same way you did that first week if you modified.
– Take note of the amount of time needed between sets in order to see progress as we move forward with this progression.
– We are shooting to make these unbroken sets each time, but it’s okay if they are not.
– Rest as needed between all sets.
– Score: Record All Reps
– Banded Strict Pull-Up
2: Metcon (Weight)
A) Dead Stop Deadlifts
2 Sets Of 2 @ 80%
B) Touch-and-Go Deadlifts
2 Sets Of Max Reps @ 85%
– Deadlifts are a movement you’ll see each week as we move through our Base phase.
– Percentages are based off your 1RM deadlift.
– The first 2 sets of 2 deadlifts are “dead stop deadlifts.” This means that we’ll deadlift the bar, control the bar back down to the floor, and then reset once the bar is back on the floor. The bar should not bounce at all here and should not be dropped from the top.
– The second 2 sets of max reps are “touch-and-go deadlifts.” This means that we’ll perform deadlifts as we would in a workout. The elbows should stay locked out throughout the entirety of each set and while we want to hold on for max reps, we do not need to do these as fast as possible. Controlled, picture perfect reps is what we’re after.
– Score: Enter both sets of max reps.
MC: “Shiner” (Time)
On the 4:00 x 5 Rounds:
15/12 Calorie Assault Bike
12 Double Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans 50 / 35 lb’s
9 Burpee Box Jumps (24″/20″)
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– We want to try and aim for negative splits across the 5 rounds.
– We should use a weight that we can complete the hang power cleans unbroken each round.
– Be sure to stand tall before hinging forward for the first hang power clean each round.
– The bike should take about 1:00.
– The hang cleans should take about 30 seconds.
– The burpee box jumps should take about 1:00 on the burpeee box jumps.
– We will enter our time for each round.
– Score: Slowest Round
– Find a speed on the bike that is a touch outside your comfort zone. We don’t want to all out sprint here but we also don’t want to just cruise.
– We want to hold on for all dumbbell reps each round. To help keep a solid grip, athletes can use the hook grip or hold the dumbbells more toward the front head or back head of each bell so that they rest on the hand a bit.
– We want to find a speed that is a touch outside or comfort zone on the burpee box jumps as well in order to bank as much rest as possible.
– Ahletes can expect the toughest rounds to be rounds 3 and 4. These are the rounds that will require the most grit and focus. Knowing this, we can aim to build our speed so that these rounds are our fastest round of the day.
15/12 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 20/15 Cal Bike Erg
– 20/15 Cal Row
– 15/12 Cal Ski Erg
– 200m Run
DUMBBELL HANG POWER CLEAN
– Sub Barbell
– Kettlebell Swings
BURPEE BOX JUMP
– Bar Facing Burpee
– Burpee Broad Jump
– Burpee to Target (6 in.)
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Sets for Quality:
8-10 Supinated Grip Chin-Ups
10 Romanian Deadlifts @ 45%
20 Banded Curls
– Let’s aim to have the eccentric (down) part of the movement be a touch slower than the concentric (up).
– Perfect movement here is what we are chasing with loads that are challenging but don’t cause form breaks.
– “Supinated grip” means our palms should face toward us.
– Rest as needed between sets.
– Score: Mark Completed