Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
WU: Warm-up (No Measure)
FOAM ROLL and ACTIVATION
Foam Roll (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Shoulder Protocol (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Hip Halo Protocol (~5:00)
1. KB Lat Smash – 1:00/Side
2. Laying Front Rack Stretch – 1:00
3. Wrist Stretches – 1:00
4. Active Samson – 1:00
5. Spiderman Hold – 1:00
5 Strict Pull-Ups
10 Straight Leg Sit-Ups
5 Empty Barbell Good Mornings
30 Single Unders
1: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
Legless Rope Climb
[BASED ON 3 MINUTE MAX LEGLESS TEST FROM WEEK 1]
1-3 Reps: 2-2-1-1-1
4-6 Reps: 3-2-2-2-1
7+ Reps: 4-3-3-3-2
– We will be using our max reps score from the start of the cycle (8/23) to determine our work to do here. Whatever variation or height we used week 1, we’ll use the same here today.
– Take note of the amount of time needed between sets in order to see progress as we move forward with this progression.
– We can use our feet on the way down.
– Score: Enter reps completed each set.
2: Metcon (Weight)
A) Dead Stop Deadlifts
5 Sets of 4 @ 63%
B) Touch-and-Go Deadlifts
5 Sets of 4 @ 68%
– Deadlifts are a movement you’ll see each week as we move through our Base phase.
– Percentages are based off your 1RM deadlift.
– The first 5 sets of 4 deadlifts are “dead stop deadlifts.” This means that we’ll deadlift the bar, control the bar back down to the floor, and then reset once the bar is back on the floor. The bar should not bounce at all here and should not be dropped from the top.
– The second 5 sets of 4 are “touch-and-go deadlifts.” This means that we’ll perform deadlifts as we would in a workout. The elbows should stay locked out throughout the entirety of each set and while we want to hold on for max reps, we do not need to do these as fast as possible. Controlled, picture perfect reps is what we’re after.
– Score: Enter both weights used here
MC: “Hanging By A Moment” (Time)
5 Rounds For Time:
60 Double Unders
9 Hang Power Cleans 155 / 105 lb
1-2-3-4-5 Rope Climbs
Rest 1 Minute After Each Round
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– In this grip and shoulder burner we’ll work through 5 intervals of double unders, hang power cleans, and an ascending ladder of rope climbs. We’ll rest 1 minute between round to catch our breath and shake out the arms.
– The double unders should take less than 1:30.
– The hang power cleans should take under 1:00. The weight should be on the moderate side but we should be able to complete the reps unbroken each round.
– The rope climbs should take less than :30s each.
– It will be the athlete’s job to note down the time on the clock at the completion of each round and start their next round exactly 1 minute from then.
– Score: Total time including rest. Make note of how long each round took in your notes if you’d like to have it.
2 pull-ups + 2 toes to bar = 1 rope climb
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
16 GHD Hip Extensions
8 Romanian Deadlifts @ 38%
4 Tempo Supinated Grip Chin-Ups (1s Up, 3s Down)
Rest As Needed Between Sets.
– This piece is a combination of upper body and lower body push movements.
– The hip extensions are unweighted.
– The Romanian deadlifts should be completed unbroken each round.
– The tempo chin-ups should also be completed unbroken each round. Use a band or reduce the reps if needed.
– Aim to move quickly from movement to movement. Rest as needed between sets.
GHD HIP EXTENSIONS
– Reverse Hyper
– Banded or Barbell Good Mornings
– Banded or Barbell Good Mornings
– Double Dumbbell/Kettlebell RDL’s
TEMPO SUPINATED GRIP CHIN-UPS
– Tempo Supinated Ring Rows
– Tempo Double Dumbbell Curls
– Tempo Barbell Curls