Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
MC1: “The Grunt” (AMRAP – Reps)
“The Grunt” (Cycle Benchmark)
18 Power Cleans
15 Front Squats
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Snatches
Time Remaining: AMRAP Thrusters
Barbell – 135 / 95 lb
– This is a retest from the beginning of this cycle. – In this barbell sprint, we’ll have 5 minutes to complete 18 power cleans, 15 front squats, 12 push jerks, 9 power snatches, and in the time remaining, as many thrusters as possible.
– Barbell must come from the floor for all movements.
– Score is total thruster reps completed.
MC2: “Neat” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
3 Bar Muscle-Ups
6 Deadlifts 225 / 155 lb
9/7 Calorie Assault Bike
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The 3 bar muscle-ups should be completed unbroken every round. Reduce the reps or modify the movement if needed. This station should take under :20s.
– The weight on the barbell should be something you can complete the 6 deadlifts in 1-2 sets every round. This station should take under :30s.
– The bike should take under :45s.
– Athletes can expect to complete between 7-10 rounds.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We want to aim to complete the bar muscle-ups unbroken every round. Focus on getting the hips high and pressing down hard on the bar.
2. The deadlifts are at weight where we could probably hold on for unbroken sets, however, 2 sets may be more sustainable with how many rounds we are likely to complete in this workout. 2 sets may also help in managing grip and shoulder fatigue for the bar muscle-ups.
3. Find a steady pace on the bike. No need to rush through this station. We want to be able to get off and get right back to work on the bar muscle-ups.
– Reduce Reps
– 6 Chest To Bar
– 3 Strict Chest To Bar
– 3 Double Dumbbell Devil Presses
– Double Dumbbell or Kettlebell
– Weighted Step-Back Lunges
9/7 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 9/7 Cal Air Run
– 9/7 Cal Ski
– 12/10 Cal Bike Erg or Row
– 150m Run
EC: Metcon (Weight)
Not for Time
[5 Double Dumbbell Tempo Romanian Deadlifts After Each Set]
– Tempo RDL: 5s Down
– Strict pull-up sets do not need to be completed unbroken. Break as needed. After a set is fully completed, you’ll perform 5 double dumbbell tempo Romanian deadlifts before starting up your next set of strict pull-ups.
– Score is heaviest pair of dumbbells used. If you used 35’s your score would be 35.
– Banded Strict Pull-Ups
– Ring Rows
– Inverted Barbell Rows
– 2x Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows