Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
WU: Warm-up (No Measure)
3 Sets For Quality:
8 Barbell Good Mornings
10 Alternating Weighted Cossack Squat
0:30 Hollow Flutter Kicks
– Week 1 of 2 of our third set of Silverback Primers. We will repeat these 1 more time next week with the goal of building off this week.
– The major focus of these primers is always going to be movement quality or loading.
– Check out the video for visuals and explanations.
– Record all 3 loads used on the barbell good mornings. Record weights used for the cossack squats in your notes.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Positions: Overhead Squat
1 Tempo Overhead Squat
*5s Down, 5s Pause in Bottom, 5s Stand
Rest As Needed Between Sets.
– Focus on punching up on the bar and pushing the pinkies in to the bar to help keep the shoulders externally rotated and in a solid position.
– These are meant to be light, technique loads.
Percentages based on 1RM Overhead Squat:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Overhead Squat
Sets 2-5 – 50-65% (50-65, Overhead Squat, of 1RM Overhead Squat), based on feel.
MC: “A Thing or Two” (AMRAP – Reps)
AMRAP 2 x 6 Rounds:
30 Air Squats
10 Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
Max Squat Snatches 135 / 95 lb
Rest 2:00 Between Rounds
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– The weight on the bar should be a moderate loads. Something that you could complete 10+ unbroken squat snatches with when fresh.
– We want at least 30s on the bar each round. If you are still working on the gymnastics at the 1:30 mark on any round, let’s move right to the barbell.
– If you cannot complete 20 push-ups unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the reps to 10-15.
– Record max squat snatch reps every round. Your overall score will be total reps.