Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
NEW CYCLE “SILVERBACK”
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
3 Sets, for Quality:
6 Tempo Ring Rows
100′ Single Arm Kettlebell Farmers Walk
12 Waiter Squats (6 each side)
Build To A Moderate:
– Week 1 of 2 of this specific Silverback Primer.
– Athete’s choice on loading and intensity but the first priority is great movement quality.
– Input your heaviest turkish get-up of the day. All other information can be recorded in your notes.
2: Metcon (Weight)
Positions – Static Hold Benchmark
Build to a Heavy:
:15s Overhead Squat Hold
– Aiming to build some strength and stability in our squat and overhead positions in this cycle.
– Movement quality is top priority. Let’s be sure not to sacrifice our positioning by putting a weight on the bar that our body is not yet ready for.
– Set up a clock or have someone count :15s out loud to ensure that we hold for the entire 15.
OVERHEAD SQUAT HOLD
– Front Squat Hold
– Back Squat Hold
3: Metcon (Weight)
Tempo Front Squats
2 Tempo Front Squats
Tempo: 5 Seconds Down (No Pause)
– Looking to build some strength in the front squat throughout this cycle.
– Aim is to pull the torso taller and taller during descent.
– Build by feel on the last set. Form is more important than load.
All percentages based on 1RM Front Squat:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Front Squat
Set 2 – 55% of 1RM Front Squat
Set 3 – 60% of 1RM Front Squat
Sets 4-6 – 60-65% of 1RM Front Squat
MC: “Emergency Brake” (Time)
Working Through 8 Rounds of 2:00 On, 1:00 Off:
30/24 Calorie Assault Bike, 30 Power Cleans
30/24 Calorie Assault Bike, 30 Front Squats
30/24 Calorie Assault Bike, 30 Squat Cleans
Barbell – 115 / 85 lb
– Athletes pick up where they left off in the chipper after each 1:00 rest.
– Score is completion time, including rest periods. There is no rest period to add after the final 2:00 interval. 8 Round Cap. If there are reps still remaining when time expires, add 1 second to your time for every uncompleted rep.
– The weight on the barbell should be something you feel confident in cycling 15+ reps unbroken on all movements when fresh.
FLOW: At the call of 3, 2, 1, go, athletes will start working on the bike. Once the bike cals are completed, athletes will advance to the barbell and start working on their 30 power cleans. At the 2:00 mark, athletes will have to stop what they are doing and rest for 1:00. After the rest period is over, athletes will continue to work from wherever they left off in the first interval. Athletes will continue on in this fashion over the course of 8 intervals or until all of the work is complete.