Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Time)
25′ Handstand Walk
5 Bar Muscle-Ups
25′ Handstand Walk
Repeat effort from last Wednesday.
– A little bit of everything in this Gymnastics Stamina piece.
– The volume of each effort should be just enough to allow us to attempt this workout unbroken straight across.
– If we need to break the bar muscle-ups, it should be no more than 2 sets.
– If we have 5+ bar muscle-ups when fresh let’s attempt this as written.
– If we aren’t there yet, let’s consider reducing the reps or modifying the movement.
– We will set up cones 5′ apart for the handstand walk to better simulate open and competition standards.
– If we come down prior to the next 5′ marker, go back to the previous one that was completed and begin again.
MC: “The Fray” (Time)
30 CTB Pull-Ups
30 Overhead Squats (115 / 85 lb)
15 CTB Pull-Ups
15 Overhead Squats (115 / 85 lb)
– This chipper takes the same 3 movements and cuts the reps in half for the second portion of the workout.
– We expect this workout to take between 12-18 minutes to complete
– See “modifications” for running alternatives
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– If you have 20+ chest to bar pull-ups unbroken when fresh, look to complete this station as written
– If you’re not there yet, consider reducing reps or choosing a variation from “modifications”
– For athletes with no goals of competing, we recommend chin over bar pull-ups
– Let’s choose a light-moderate weight that can be completed for 25+ unbroken reps when fresh
– During the workout, we should be able to complete the set of 30 within 2-3 sets
– The barbell will be taken from the ground for this part
– You can squat snatch the first rep of each set if you’d like
50/35 Cal AAB
25/18 Cal AAb
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
1 Pausing Overhead Squat (10s in bottom)
25′ Dumbbell Bear Crawl
Rest 1:00-2:00 between sets.
– Our pausing overhead squat has a much longer hold than what we did last week.
– This should be a weight that is challenging, but at no point do we lose midline stabilization and our form should remain perfect.
– The 25′ dumbbell bear crawl is a great version of a weighted crawl.
– We will perform the crawl just as a normal bear crawl, except we will have a pair of dumbbells in our hands.