Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
Bench Press (8-8-6-6-4-4 )
Rest As Needed Between Sets.
Percentages Based Off 1RM Bench:
Sets 1+2: 8 Reps @ 70%
Sets 3+4: 6 Reps @ 75%
Sets 5+6: 4 Reps @ 80%
– Using bench press to build some raw slow strength for the year ahead. We are building off of last week.
– We are looking for full range of motion here. Elbows fully lock out at the top (think 1s pause in the lockout) and barbell touches the sternum (chest) at the bottom of each rep. Performing the full range of motion will promote the most strength gains.
– You’ll complete 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps, and 2 sets of 4 reps. You can rest as much as you would like between all sets.
– Score: Enter the 3 weights used here.
Strict Ring Dips (C1) (CUSTOM)
Base Cycle 1
Strict Ring Dips
[BASED ON MAX UNBROKEN SET]
5 Unbroken: 4-3-3-2-2
10 Unbroken: 9-8-7-6-6
15 Unbroken: 12-10-8-6-6
20 Unbroken: 18-15-12-8-6
25 Unbroken: 20-16-12-8-8
– We will be using our max reps score from last week to determine our work to do here.
– Take note of the amount of time needed between sets in order to see progress as we move forward with this progression.
– We are shooting to make these unbroken sets each time, but it’s OK if not.
– If you modified your ring dips last week, use the same modification this week.
– Score: Enter All 5 Sets.
MC: “Compounding Interest” (Time)
30 Double Unders
10 Overhead Squats 95 / 65 lb
30 Overhead Squats 95 / 65 lb
100 Double Unders
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– This workout is meant to be a quick one. Each of the 5 rounds should take less than 1:30. The final round should take less than 5:00.
– The weight on the barbell should be light enough to complete the 5 rounds of 10 overhead squats unbroken.
– The sets of 30 double unders should take less than 1:00. The set of 100 double unders should take less than 2:00.
– Score: Time
– In the first portion of the workout, we want to move quickly on the barbell and breathe on the jump rope.
– While we want to move quickly on the barbell, we want to be sure that we are achieving full depth each rep as well as standing up fully each rep.
– In the second portion, we can aim to complete the overhead squats in 1-3 sets. Same for the double unders.
– If we hold on for 1 or 2 big sets on the barbell in the second portion, we can expect the arms to feel fatigued going into the double unders. If we tend to struggle with double unders, we should plan to break at least once on the barbell to give the arms some relief.
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Sets for Quality:
10 Weighted Tempo Push-Ups
20 Banded Triceps Extensions
20 Banded Pull Aparts
Rest as Needed.