Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
Bench Press (6-6-5-5-4-4)
All Sets Based on 1RM Bench Press
Set 1-2: 6 @ 73%
Set 3-4: 5 @ 78%
Set 5-6: 4 @ 83%
– Using bench press to build some raw slow strength for the year ahead. We are building off of last week.
– We are looking for full range of motion here. Elbows fully lock out at the top (think 1s pause in the lockout) and barbell touches the sternum (chest) at the bottom of each rep. Performing the full range of motion will promote the most strength gains.
– You’ll complete 2 sets of 6 reps, 2 sets of 5 reps, and 2 sets of 4 reps. You can rest as much as you would like between all sets.
– enter the heaviest weight and notate the others in notes.
Strict Hand Stand Push-Ups (CUSTOM)
Strict Handstand Push-Ups
[BASED ON MAX UNBROKEN SET]
5 Unbroken: 4-3-3-2-1
10 Unbroken: 9-8-7-6-5
15 Unbroken: 12-10-8-6-4
20 Unbroken: 18-15-12-8-4
25 Unbroken: 20-16-12-8-4
– We are basing these sets today on our max effort set from last week. If you chose to sub the handstand push-ups for another movement, or if you used risers last week, use that same variation today.
– If we haven’t performed a max unbroken set of these, or don’t have an idea to estimate, do that here so that moving forward we are able to progress.
– We want to aim to complete these sets unbroken. It’s ok if not, but that is our goal.
– Rest as needed between sets, but take note of our rest periods for future sessions.
STRICT HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS
– 1-2 AbMats
– DB Press
MC: “Going Down Swinging” (Time)
Thrusters 95 / 65 lb
Toes to Bar
Lateral Barbell Burpees
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The thrusters should be performed at a weight that we can complete in no more than 2 sets on any round.
– The toes to bar reps should be manable to complete in no more than 2 sets on any round. If needed, complete the same number of toes to bar every round. In this case, choose a number that you know you will be able to complete in 2 sets.
– Score: Time
– The first three rounds (10-9-8) account for just over half of the reps of the entire workout. So let’s respect the reps these first three rounds so we can be in a position to finsh the workout faster than we started.
– Breaking the thrusters and toes to bar into two sets early with a quick break could be a good strategy to allow for us to hold onto the bars in the middle rounds.
– Recover on the burpeees early on. Find a smooth steady pace as the real seperator in this workout is who can hold on for big sets on the bars.
– Double Dumbbell
– Squat Jumps
TOES TO BAR
– 2x AbMat Sit-Ups
– Medball Sit-Ups
– Knee Raises
BAR LATERAL BURPEES
– Burpee Over A Dumbbell or Line
– Regular Burpees
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Sets for Quality:
10 Weighted Tempo Push-Ups (2 Second Negative)
20 Banded Triceps Extensions
20 Banded Pull Aparts
Rest as Needed
– We want to think about perfect movement here, not speed.
– Feel free to video these (and any other pieces) occasionally to view opportunities to improve movement patterns.
– Score: Mark Completed.
WEIGHTED TEMPO PUSH-UPS
– Remove Weight
BANDED TRICEPS EXTENSIONS
– Skull Crushers
– Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
BANDED PULL APARTS
– Plate or Dumbbell Reverse Fly
– Ring “T”