Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them.
1: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
EMOM x 12 (3 Rounds):
Minute 1: 5-10 Strict Toes To Bar
Minute 2: 25-50ft. Handstand Walk
Minute 3: 5-10 Strict Ring Dips
Minute 4: 25-50ft. Handstand Walk
– In this gymnastics practice/conditioning session, we’ll complete a different station each minute (with the exception of handstand walking in which we’ll complete 2 times per round).
– Ranges of distance and reps allow for athletes to adjust this workout based on their ability.
– Scoring: Record total reps of strict toes to bar + strict ring dips each round. The overall score will be the sum total of all reps completed throughout the workout.
STRICT TOES TO BAR
– Hanging Knee Raises
– Toes To As High As Possible
– Weighted Sit-Ups
– 10-20 Handstand Shoulder Taps Against A Wall
– Handstand Hold Against A Wall
– 25-50ft. Double Dumbbell Overhead Carry
2: Metcon (Weight)
On the Minute x 5:
5 “Touch and Go” Power Snatches
Intention Is The Same Weight Across All 5 Rounds
– Aim for a load between
– You can pause with the weight overhead or in the hang, but not on the ground
– Record the weight used for the 5 sets
MC: “Counter Clockwise” (Time)
On the 7:00 x 3 Rounds:
200 Meter Run, 9 Double Dumbbell Burpee Deadlifts
200 Meter Run, 7 Double Dumbbell Burpee Power Cleans
200 Meter Run, 5 Double Dumbbell Burpee Clean & Jerks
Dumbbells: 50 / 35 lb’s
– You’ll have 7 minutes to complete the 6 stations listed
– Your score will be the slowest of your 3 total rounds
– Rounds begin on the 0:00-7:00-14:00
– There are ideally completed in 6 minutes or less, allowing for 1 minute of recovery between rounds
– For all three dumbbell movements, the feet must land inside the dumbbells in the jump or step out of the burpee
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With the score being the slowest of the 3 rounds, look to find a pace from the beginning that you see yourself being able to maintain for 2 more rounds.
2. Understand where to push today. We’re always moving on the runs, but that may not be the case on the dumbbells. Look to put a little more focus towards the dumbbell movements.
3. Run at a pace that allows you to thrive on the dumbbells. This shouldn’t be slow or fast. Ideally we’re aiming for the “max” pace that allows us to smash the weighted movements.
– 500/400 Meter Bike
– 250/200 Meter Row
– Sub Barbell (No Burpees)
– Single Dumbbell (12-9-6)