Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Sets For Quality:
8 Half Kneeling Single Arm DB over head press (8 left/8 right)
8 Dual Dumbbell Bent over row
15 Banded Triceps Extensions
(8 min cap)
– Week 1 of 2 of our second set of Silverback Primers. We will repeat these 1 more time next week with the goal of building off this week.
– The major focus of these primers is always going to be movement quality or loading.
2: Metcon (Weight)
Pulling – Clean
3 Low-Hang Clean Deadlifts
2 Low-Hang Clean Pulls
(10 min cap)
– The intention is unbroken sets.
– This is going to strengthen our pull and our grip.
– Looking for a double overhand grip as well as hook grip. No straps.
– Record all weights used.
All percentages based on 1RM Clean:
Set 1 – 70% of 1RM Clean
Set 2 – 73% of 1RM Clean
Set 3 – 76% of 1RM Clean
Set 4 – 79% of 1RM Clean
Set 5 – 82% of 1RM Clean
3: Metcon (Weight)
Part A – 3 Sets:
1 Tempo Pausing Bench Press (4s Down, 2s Pause, Regular Up)
1 Tempo Bench Press (4s Down, Regular Up)
1 Bench Press
Rest 2:00 between sets.
Part B – 1 Set:
Max Reps Bench Press
(10 min cap)
– We are building slightly from last week.
– These are 3 consecutive reps. The first rep will have a 4s negative, a 2s pause at the chest, followed by a regular press out of the bottom. The second rep has a 4s negative, no pause, followed by another regular press out of the bottom. The last rep is a regular bench with no tempo or pauses.
– The pause at the chest does NOT mean rest the barbell on your body. The barbell should be just barely touching your body during the pause.
– Feet should stay flat on the floor, butt should stay on the bench, and the elbows should be about 45 degrees off the body throughout each rep.
All percentages based on 5RM Bench Press:
Part A – 95%
Part B – 73%
MC: “Shin Guard” (Time)
Burpee Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
Power Clean and Jerks 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Complete box-facing burpees.
– The barbell should be a weight we could complete 15+ clean and jerks unbroken when fresh.