Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Clean & Jerk Technique
On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
1 Pausing Power Clean
1 Power Clean
1 Pausing Push Jerk
1 Push Jerk
*Pause 2 second in the catch postion of the 1st clean and the 1st jerk.
– Repeat from last week but building slightly.
– We’ll start our sets at 5% higher and finish 5% higher.
– Percentages still meant to be on the lighter side in order to ensure good quality movement.
– Pauses in the catch of the first clean and the catch of the first jerk are to help focus get receiving the bar with the knees out and hips back.
– We often see athletes with the knees pushed out forward of the toes and the hips tucked slightly forward in the recieving position of both the clean and the jerk. This is something we want avoid in our lifts.
– Let’s video our lifts today so that we can watch back and see what our landings look like.
Percentages based off 1RM Power Clean & Jerk:
Set 1: 35% of 1RM Power Clean & Jerk
Set 2: 40% of 1RM Power Clean & Jerk
Sets 3-5: 45% of 1RM Power Clean & Jerk
MC: “This Little Piggy” (Time)
3 Rounds For Time:
21 Toes to Bar
12 Power Clean and Jerks 135 / 95 lb
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 x 8 Double Dumbbell Chest Supported Rows
3 x 10 Double Dumbbell Hammer Curls
3 x 12 Foot Elevated Ring Rows
Complete all sets of one movement before moving on to the next. Athlete’s choice on weights.
– Big upper body pump session to finish off the day.
– Build in weights or use the same weights across.
– More important than weights or difficulty is hitting full range of motion and moving really well on all of the above movements.
– Rest 1:00-2:00 between sets.
– Record weights used in your personal notes.