Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
WU: Warm-up (No Measure)
FOAM ROLL & ACTIVATION
Foam Roll (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Shoulder Protocol (~5:00)
Crossover Symmetry Hip Halo Protocol (~5:00)
1. Spiderman Hold – 1:00/Side
2. Pigeon Pose – 1:00/Side
3. KB Pec Smash- 1:00/Side
4. Active Twisted Cross – 1:00/Side
5. Wrist Stretches – 1:00
10 Air Squats
5 Push-Up To Down Dog
1:00 Easy Row
1: Bench Press (CUSTOM)
1. Build to Heavy Single
2. 5 Sets: 3 Bench Press @ 80% of 1RM Bench
*Update your 1RM bench press in your PR’s if you hit a PR on your bench today before completing part 2.
– Building to a heavy single on our bench press in part 1.
– Hitting some drop sets following our heavy single. Be sure to update your PR’s if needed so that the percentage is correct.
– Rest up to 3 minutes between lifts.
– If you can, have a spotter ready for your heavy singles. If lifting alone, do not clip the weights on the bar incase you need to bail.
– Score: Enter weights. Overall score will be your heavy single.
5-10 empty barbell reps
3-5 reps @ first weight jump
2-3 Reps @ second weight jump
1 Rep @ third weight jump
…continue hitting singles until you get to your heavy
2: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
[BASED ON MAX SET OF STRICT RING DIPS FROM WEEK 1]
5-9 Unbroken: 3-3-2-2-2
10+ Unbroken: 5-4-3-3-2
*Build in weight each set.
*Rest as needed between sets.
– If you haven’t completed a max set of strict ring dips, perform that in place of this piece today so we have a score moving forward.
– The weights we should use for our sets should be challenging, but all sets should be completed unbroken.
– Score: Record weights used each set.
STRICT RING DIPS
– Remove Weight
– Banded Ring Dips
– Box or Bar Dips
– Deficit Push-Ups
MC: “All Ball” (Time)
Wallballs 20 / 14 lb
Hand Release Push-ups
– CONDITIONING CATEGORY: Threshold
– WALLBALLS: 1-4 sets. Should be able to get at least 15 in 1 minute.
– HAND RELEASE PUSH-UPS: 1-6 sets. Should be able to get at least 15 in 1 minute.
– ROW: Should be able to get 10 or more cals per minute.
– SCORE: Time
– The hand relese push-ups are going to be the movement we can lose a lot of time on.
– With the upper body press of the wallballs directly interfering with the press in the push-ups, let’s plan to break these up early. Maybe break one more set than you are thinking just to be on the safe side.
– If/when resting on the hand release push-ups, kneeling down, putting the arms down by the side, or putting the arms overhead are the best places to allow the arms to rest.
– We want a strong effort on the row since this is the only station we are pulling vs. pressing.
EC: Metcon (Weight)
3 Rounds For Quality:
10 Single Arm Kneeling Dumbbell Strict Press (Right)
25ft. Single Arm Overhead Walking Lunge (Right)
10 Single Arm Kneeling Dumbbell Strict Press (Left)
25ft. Single Arm Overhead Walking Lunge (Left)
Rest 1-2 Minutes Between Rounds.
– The idea here is to complete your last strict press and go right into your overhead walking lunge.
– Build in weight as you see fit. Strict press sets should be completed unbroken. Your pressing arm is the same as your bottom leg (the leg with your knee on the ground).
– Keep the midline squeezed tight. Quality is more important here than loading.
– Score: Enter weights used each round.