Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
MC: “Jumpsuit” (Time)
Deadlifts (185 / 135 lb)
Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
Kettlebell Swings (70 / 53 lb)
– We have two back-to-back couplets for today’s workout
– This piece is fairly posterior chain dominant, which creates some interference between all 4 movements
– This means we’ll have to find a good break-up plan to keep chipping away while pushing off excess fatigue
– You’ll complete all the work of deadlifts and jumps before immediately transitioning to the swings and row calories (no rest between)
– The workout flows like this:
30 Box Jump Overs
20 Box Jump Overs
10 Box Jump Overs
10 Kettlebell Swings
10 Calorie Row
20 Kettlebell Swings
20 Calorie Row
30 Kettlebell Swings
30 Calorie Row
– Your score is the total time it takes to complete all the listed work
– We expect this two-part workout to take between 12-20 minutes to complete
– Looking to choose a light-moderate barbell weight that you could complete for 30+ unbroken reps when fresh
– The weight shouldn’t be as much of a factor as the higher volume of reps are
– With higher reps, if you’re on the fence between two weights, opt for the lighter one
BOX JUMP OVERS
– These are standard box jump overs so we don’t need to open up to full extionsion on top of the box.
– Jump up to the box for “RX”
– We recommend stepping or jumping down instead of the riskier “rebounding” option
– These are full swings that finish all the way overhead
– Choose a weight that allows you to complete the bigger sets (20-30) within 2-3 sets
MC2: Metcon (3 Rounds for reps)
Assault Bike Conditioning
On the 2:00 x 3 Sets: 20/15 Calorie Bike
On the 1:30 x 4 Sets: 15/12 Calorie Bike
On the 1:00 x 5 Sets: 10/8 Calorie Bike
– Assault bike intervals here with decreasing reps and rest each set.
– We will complete all 3 sets of the 20/15 before moving to the 15/12, and the same before moving to the final 10/8 calories.
– We will record our slowest split time for each designated Calorie set
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
:30s Slow Ring Mountain Climbers (feet on rings)
:30s Ring Plank (hands on rings)
– Two plank variations using the low rings.
– For the ring mountain climbers, we want to move slowly and deliberately for full control throughout the movement.
– For the ring plank, we should externally rotate our sholuders so that the inside of our elbows are facing forward.
– Let’s set up the rings just high enough so that our knuckles are off the ground when loaded