Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
1: Strict Ring Dips (C1) (CUSTOM)
Base Cycle 1
Strict Ring Dips
[BASED ON MAX UNBROKEN SET FROM WEEK 1]
5-9 Unbroken: 3-3-3
10-14 Unbroken: 5-5-5
15-19 Unbroken: 7-7-7
20-24 Unbroken: 9-9-9
25+ Unbroken: 11-11-11
– A slight backoff in volume here on our deload week.
– We are basing these sets today on our max effort set from the first week.
– The number on the left is your test score. The numbers on the right are your sets for today.
– If we haven’t performed a max unbroken set of these, or don’t have an idea to estimate, do that here so that moving forward we are able to progress.
– We want to aim to complete these sets unbroken. It’s ok if not, but that is our goal.
– Rest as needed between sets, but take note of our rest periods for future sessions.
– Score: Enter reps completed for each set.
2: Metcon (Weight)
Pausing Sotts Press
5 Sotts Presses @ Light Weights
(3 Second Pause Overhead)
– All sets should be taken from a rack.
– Movement quality and positioning should be the major focuses here.
3: Metcon (Weight)
1 Power Snatch + 1 Hang Squat Snatch @ 70-75%
– Both reps should be completed before putting the bar down.
– Athletes can build slightly each set or stay at the same weight across.
– Score: Enter weights used
2-3 warm-up sets to 70%
4: Metcon (Weight)
Pausing Snatch Deadlift
3 Pausing Snatch Deadlifts @ 95-100%
*Pause 2s at mid thigh before standing each rep
– Each rep will begin by deadlifting the bar in the snatch grip. On the way up there will be a 2s pause at mid thigh before standing.
– We want to guide the bar back down to the floor each rep but these reps do not need to be touch and go. Feel free to reset the hips and back each rep.
– Score: Enter all weights
2-3 warm-up sets to 95%.
MC: “Freddy Goes Surfing” (Time)
Kettlebell Swings 70 / 53 lb
3 Rounds For Time:
400 Meter Run
– Conditoining Category: Threshold
– The kettlebell swings should be at a weight where all reps are rounds can be completed unbroken.
– Part 1 should take less than 7:00.
– Part 2 should take less than 13:00.
– In the first part of this workout, we want to reach for unbroken sets of kettlebell swings. We can pace the burpees in a way that will allow us to hold onto the swings.
– In the second part of this workout, we should choose which movement we want to push, and which movement we want to pace. If we push the run, we can pace the burpees in a way that will allow us to push the run.
– Single Arm Russian Dumbbell Swings
– Reduce Weight
– Reduce Reps
400 METER RUN
– Reduce Distance
– 500m Row
– 400m Ski
– 1000m Bike
– 30x10m Shuttle Runs
– Reduce Reps
– Straight Arm Burpees