Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
– On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al Qaeda hijacked 4 airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. 2 of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a 3rd plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the 4th plane crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. 2,977 people were killed during these attacks. Today, we’ll honor, remember, and recognize each and every person who lost their life on 9/11, 20 years ago with every single meter of our final row.
1: Back Squat (6-6-5-5-4-4)
All Sets Based on 1RM Back Squat
Set 1-2: 6 @ 70%
Set 3-4: 5 @ 75%
Set 5-6: 4 @ 80%
– Sets are to be done unbroken and from a rack.
– Take 2-3 minutes of rest between sets.
– Emphasis on being explosive out of the bottom and driving our feet through the floor.
– Score: Enter the 3 loads used.
2: Metcon (Weight)
1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Squat Clean @ 65-70% of 1RM Clean and Jerk
– The movement begins with a power clean from the floor into a hang clean from above the knee.
– The complex is to be completed unbroken.
– Score: Enter weight
1: “Always Remembered” 9.11.21 (Time)
[Teams of 2]
Buy-In: 2001 Meter Row
9 Rope Climbs (15ft.)
11 Bear Complexes 135 / 95 lb
Cash-Out: 2977 Meter Row
1 Bear Complex:
1 Power Clean
1 Front Squat
1 Shoulder To Overhead
1 Back Squat
1 Shoulder To Overhead
– Conditioning Category: Hero/Team Workout
– Work together with a partner and split the work however you’d like. While one athlete works, the other rests.
– Each bear complex should be completed unbroken. You can do multiple reps in a row or switch off with your partner after every fully completed rep.
– Score: Time
– With the built in rest, we should try to push the row to get to the couplet as quick as we can. The movements are slower reps so we’ll be able to perform them coming off the row even with a slightly high heartrate.
– Keep the straps loose on the rower and plan how you’ll switch off (which way to exit/which way to hop on).
– Switch off with your partner after every rope and every bear complex. If you see that your partner needs some relief, offer to pick up an extra rep so they can take some extra time to recover.
– Dig deep and push the final row.
– Same Meters on Any Machine to Keep Rep Scheme or 160 cal for 2001m and 240 cal 2977m
– 3 Strict Pull-Ups + 3 Regular Toes To Bar = 1 Rope
– 7 Ring Rows = 1 Rope
– Reduce Height
– Sub Dumbbells