Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Today, we honor Memorial Day with the 9th running of “Murph” at LCF. The doors will open at 8:00am and we’ll run three heats promptly:
**all other class times canceled.
The weather might be a bit rainy, but no big deal. Don’t worry about signups, heats may fill up but we’ll have access to the outside rig as well and run 3 heats in a row.
Post workout celebration- 12:00p. We have procured a members clubhouse-we will drink, bbq and have access to a pool(heated) and hot tub if you want to get in. I’ll provide the protein if folks want to bring a side and/or beverage.
7575 E. 29th Place
Parking will be outside the building and you’ll need to text me (303) 803-8537 when you arrive for me to let you in the building.
Look forward to celebrating Memorial Day and “Murph” with everyone 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
MC: Murph (Time)
300 Air Squats
If you have a 20# vest or body armor, wear it.
In honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
To learn more about Murph click here
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We want to aim for both of our mile runs to be completed in roughly the same amount of time. Treat the first mile as a buy-in and pace more than than you think. Treat the second mile as a cash-out and aim to push the pace.
2. We’ll break up the gymnastics in the middle based on our capacity. Whatever break up strategy we choose, we should be aiming for constant movement with minimal breaks.
Potential Break-Up Strategies:
25 Rounds: 4 Pull-Ups, 8 Push-Ups, 12 Air Squats
25 Rounds: 4 Push-Ups, 4 Pull-Ups, 4 Push-Ups, 12 Air Squats
25 Rounds: 2 Pull-Ups, 4 Push-Ups, 2 Pull-Ups, 4 Push-Ups, 12 Air Squats
20 Rounds: 5 Pull-Ups, 10 Push-Ups, 15 Air Squats
20 Rounds: 5 Push-Ups, 5 Pull-Ups, 5 Push-Ups, 15 Air Squats
10 Rounds: 10 Pull-Ups, 20 Push-Ups, 30 Air Squats
10 Rounds: 5 Pull-Ups, 10 Push-Ups, 5 Pull-Ups, 10 Push-Ups, 30 Air Squats
4 Air Squats
– Reduce Distance
– 2,000M Row
– 4,000M Bike
– 1,600M Ski
– Reduce Totals (75/150/225 or 50/100/150 reps)
– 100 Push-Ups/200 Sit-Ups/300 Air Squats
– 200 Push-Ups/400 Air Squats
– 300 Push-Ups/300 Air Squats
– 200 Sit-Ups/400 Air Squats