Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Back Squat Benchmark
– At the beginning of our last cycle “Silverback” we tested our 5rm back squat. After 2 full cycles and 16 weeks of hard work we are finally getting to re-test!
– Let’s make no more than 5 attempts at our 5RM.
– Record your heaviest successful set of 5 reps.
MC: Elizabeth (Time)
Clean, 135# / 95#
(10:00 time cap)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The weight on the bar should be a weight that we could complete 15+ squat cleans unbroken when fresh.
– The ring dips are kipping ring dips. If you cannot complete 10+ ring dips unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps.
– This is meant to be a quick workout, so scaling appropriately is important here.
– The 21’s should be completed in under 4:00
– The 15’s should be completed in under 3:00
– The 9’s should be completed in under 2:00
– Score: Time
– Power Cleans
– Double Dumbbell Squat Cleans
– 12-9-6 Strict Ring Dips
– Bar Dips
– Box Dips
– Bench Dips
– Use a Banded
– Feet Supported Ring Dips
– Jumping Ring Dips
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Giant Sets:
7 Tempo Eccentric Ring Rows (5s Down)
14 Single Legged Weighted Glute Bridges (7/Leg)
21 Seated Banded Abductions
28 Banded Pull-Aparts
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– The tempo ring rows should have a controlled 5s descent. Squeeze the butt in order to keep the body rigid.
– The weighted glute bridges should be completed by holding a dumbbell across the hips. Athletes can use the same dumbbell across or increase weight each set.
– The seated abductions can be completed with a Hip Halo, small band, or a regular size band (wrap 2 times around the legs to make it smaller).
– The arms should stay completely locked out on the banded pull-apart with the shoulders and traps pressed down. Use a thin band for these.