Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Grit Squats – Week 6A
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Building off of week 4’s Grit Squats.
– Super set means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
6 Back Squats @ 82%
5 Front Squats @ 68%
5 Back Squats @ 87%
5 Front Squats @ 70%
4 Back Squats @ 92%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
MC: “Snake Bite” (Time)
Squat Snatches (95/65)
Chest to Bar Pull-ups
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– Last time we completed this workout was 4.8.2020.
– The weight on the barbell should be a weight we could cycle 15+ squat snatches unbroken when fresh. Reduce the weight if needed.
– If you do not think you can complete 21 chest to bar in 3 sets or less, reduce the reps to 15-12-9 or 12-9-6.
– This workout should take under 10 minutes.
– Score: Time
EC: Metcon (Weight)
3 Giant Sets:
18 Bulgarian Split Squats (9 Each Leg)
12 Bent Over Supinated Grip Barbell Rows
6 Tempo Glute Bridges (5s Up, 5s Down)
Rest As Needed Between Sets.
– We’ll hold 2 dumbbells down by our sides for the Bulgarian Split Squats. Build in weight each set or stay at the same weight across.
– Keep the back as flat as possible during the barbell rows. No “kipping” the rows by using the hips and dipping into the bar. The only body part moving during each row rep should be the arms. Again, athlete’s choice to build or stay at the same weight across.
– We will keep the flute bridges unweighted.
– Enter your 2 heaviest loads for both the Bulgarian split squats and the bent over rows.