Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Tempo Front Squat
On the 2:00 x 5:
3 Tempo Front Squats
Tempo: 3s Down, 3s Hold, 1s Stand
– Looking to build some raw strength in the front squat today with slow and controlled reps.
– Tempos and pauses take out the “bounce” athletes tend to use coming out of the bottom of regular squats and really put the focus on properly using every muscle group in the legs and glutes.
– Start at 60% of your 1RM Front Squat and work up to a moderate set of 3.
MC: “Acid Reflux” (Time)
5 Rounds For Time:
15 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
12/9 Calorie Assault Bike
9 Thrusters 115 / 85 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Looking for a weight on the barbell we feel confident in cycling 9+ thrusters unbroken when fresh.
– If you cannot complete 15+ chest to bar unbroken, let’s reduce the reps or modify the movement.
– Barbell will come from the ground each round. Completing a squat clean thruster on the first rep is permitted.
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Banded Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– 7 Strict Pull-Ups (Chest To Bar or Chin Over Bar)
– Ring Rows
– 16 Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
12/9 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 12/9 Cal Ski
– 15/12 Cal Row
– 200m Run
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Odd Object
– 9 Burpee Broad Jumps
EC: Metcon (Distance)
3:00 at 24 strokes per minute
2:00 at 26 strokes per minute
1:00 at 28 strokes per minute
1:00 at 30 strokes per minute
Rest 4:00 between sets.
– Looking to feel out some different paces and stroke rates during each of these 7:00 intervals.
– The priority is to hold the correct stroke rate during it’s alotted time. This may require you to lower the damper.
– Row in meters and set the monitor to intervals of 7:00 on/4:00 off so you know exactly how many meters you rowed each interval.
– Score is lowest meters rowed for any round.