Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Full Deload Week.
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
7 Sets of 2
Set box to just below parallel.
Deadstop on box for 1s.
All percentages based on 1RM Back Squat:
Sets 1+2 – 60% of 1RM Back Squat
Sets 3+4 – 65% of 1RM Back Squat
Sets 5+6+7 – 70% of 1RM Back Squat
– Lighter loads does not necessarily mean less progress.
– Different approach today on our de-load week. The focus is speed.
– At loads where we can stand with *maximial acceleration*, the aim here to build explosiveness coming out of our squat.
– Take a “low bar” rack position (bar closer to mid-shoulder than neckline), and sit back to box. Find a near-vertical shin position as we sit to the box, which places the focus on the posterior.
– With a 1s pause, aggressively stand to extension by *squeezing* ourselves off the box (not rock).
2: Metcon (Weight)
1 Pausing Power Snatch
1 Pausing Overhead Squat
1 Pausing Squat Snatch
All pauses are for 1 second in each respective “catch” or “bottom” position:
Power Snatch – Pause at the quarter squat power catch.
Overhead Squat – Pause at the bottom of our squat.
Squat Snatch – Pause at the bottom of our catch.
All percentages based on 1RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 55% of 1RM Snatch
Sets 3+4+5 – 60% of 1RM Snatch
– Placing the focus to our receiving position today.
– By forcing a pause, we have the chance to confirm the most challenging portion of the lift: the catch.
– We are essence “getting comfortable with an uncomfortable spot”.
– When we find excellence in this “slow” (hence a pause), we then build the foundation to do it “fast” (think heavy 1RM lifts).
MC: “From the Top” (Time)
“From the Top”
30 Power Snatches
30 Overhead Squats
30 Squat Snatches
On the Minute – 5 TTB
Barbell – 115 / 85 lb
– Conditioning Category: Grind
– Moderate barbell is the aim. Choose a load that we could squat snatch for 10+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– Awareness is key here… both in pacing our stamina, but in using the clock.
– Proper management of the 60s windows can set us up for success, where improper management can lead to lost seconds here and there… which can amount to a punishing addition to the final time.