Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Strict Hand Stand Push-Ups (Max Effort)
On the 0:00… Strict Handstand Pushup Benchmark
Max Unbroken Strict Handstand Push-ups
*Part #2 Starts on the 2:00*
– This is a re-test from the beginning of “Gymnasty” and the first of a two-part benchmark test.
– Take a look at your previous best effort and go for a new PR today!
– Strict pull-ups come next, our second benchmark for the day, at 2:00.
– The max strict handstand push-ups will fatigue the shoulders which will have an effect on the strict pull-ups that follow
2: Strict Pull-Ups (Max Effort)
On the 2:00… Strict Pull-Up Benchmark
On the 2:00…
Max Unbroken Strict Pull-ups
– This second part of the series call for max unbroken strict pull-ups.
– We want to try and stay on the bar until failure.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Pausing Snatch Complex
1 Pausing Power Snatch (1″ above parallel)
1 Pausing Squat Snatch (bottom)
1s pause on all repetitions. On the Power Snatch, find the same receiving position from last week (1″ above parallel). A purposeful deeper catch once again focusing on footwork and positioning. A full pausing Squat Snatch to follow, with our pause in the bottom of our squat.
All repetitions based on 1RM Power Snatch:
Sets 1+2 – 70% (of 1RM Power Snatch)
Sets 3+4 – 74% (of 1RM Power Snatch)
Sets 5+6 – 78% (of 1RM Power Snatch)
Rest 1:00-2:00 between sets.
– Snatch complex work based on our 1RM power snatch.
– We will pause for one second in each movement.
– :01s pause one inch above parallell for the power snatch.
– :01s pause in the bottom of the squat snatch.
– These reps do not have to be touch and go, but no more than a 2-3 second break between the two reps.
– We will record all 6 loads, but our heaviest will be our score.
MC: “Shot Caller” (Time)
21 Wallballs (20 / 14 lb)
18 Alternating Dumbbell Power Snatches (50 / 35 lb)
15 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
12 Toes to Bar
– Today’s 5-round workout has a nice mix of non-barbell weightlifting and gymnastics
– We expect this piece to take between 18-25 minutes to complete
– The goal is to choose weights, variations, or rep schemes that allow the work to be completed under the cap
– This works out to 5 minute rounds, or a 1:15 average per movement
– Choose a weight that you could complete for 50+ unbroken reps when fresh
– Men throw to 10 feet and Women throw to 9 feet
ALTERNATING DUMBBELL POWER SNATCHES
– Let’s choose a weight that can be completed for 30+ reps unbroken when fresh
– We’ll alternate arms on every rep for a total of 20 each side
– Both heads of the dumbbell should make contact with the floor between the feet
– These are standard box jumps, which require full extension at the top of each rep
– Jump up to the box for “RX”
– We encourage all athletes to step off or jump off the box instead of the riskier “rebounding” option
TOES TO BAR
– If you have 15+ toes to bar unbroken, let’s complete this station as written
– If you’re not there yet, consider reducing reps or choosing another option from “modifications”