Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
On the Minute x 16 (8 Rounds):
Min 1 – 2 Front Squats
Min 2 – 4 Back Squats
Single barbell, loaded throughout at 75-77% 1RM Front Squat. of 1RM Front Squat
– Second week in our climb back up the progression ladder.
– This week we are repeating Week 4’s Stamina Squats (12/14/20), aiming for an increase of 3-5% from that effort.
2: Metcon (Weight)
High Hang Squat Snatch
On the Minute x 10:
1 High Hang Squat Snatch
All percentages based on 1RM Snatch:
– First three sets, we’ll climb by 5% per.
Set 1 – 60% of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 65% of 1RM Snatch
Set 3 – 70% of 1RM Snatch
– Next three sets, we’ll climb by 3% per.
Set 4 – 73% of 1RM Snatch
Set 5 – 76% of 1RM Snatch
Set 6 – 79% of 1RM Snatch
– Last four sets, we’ll hold across:
Sets 7+8+9+10 – 82% of 1RM Snatch
– The start of a multi-week progression where we will build upon.
– Our focus in this progression is two-fold: The “3rd Pull”, and Repetition Training.
– The “3rd pull” is our pull after triple extension.. it is our speed beneath the bar to the catch.
– The high hang brings the least amount of momentum from the floor, forcing us to be fast here.
– As we pull ourselves beneath, it’s truly a pull…not a drop. Stay active on the bar and find the pull beneath. We are always connected to the bar.
– The second focus is Repetition Training. Instead of climbing to a heavy, our stimulus adaptation is found through multiple sets at moderate percentages, placing an equal importance on technique consistency.
MC: “Full Circle” 1.11.21 (Time)
100 Double Unders
35 Calorie AAB
100 Double Unders
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– Different than a traditional longer-form AMRAP given the stamina demand of higher volume sets.
– Pacing both the movement at hand, never mind our overall metcon, is the aim today.
– This is a repeat workout from 3/4/20.
– 1,200m Ski Erg
– 3,000m Bike
100 DOUBLE UNDERS
– 150 Single Unders
– 1:00 Practice
– 100 Line Hops
– 15/12 Cal Ski
– 20/15 Cal AAB
– 50 Cal Row