Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
1: “Strict Ring Dips” (ME String Ring Dips)
Strict Ring Dips
1 Set For Reps:
Max Strict Ring Dips
– Establishing a baseline here to build upon over the next 12 weeks.
– Strict pushing strength and stamina are valuable in our sport especially when it comes to keeping our shoulders healthy and strong for the long run. A higher ring dip capacity will transfer over nicely to our ring muscle-ups as well.
– If you cannot complete 5+ reps unbroken when fresh, let’s use a band, dip between boxes, or perform bench dips. When choosing the correct scale, being able to move through the full range of motion of the dip is the first priority. At the top, elbows should fully lockout. In the bottom, the shoulders should travel below your elbows.
– Score: Reps
STRICT RING DIPS
– Box Dips
– Bench Dips
2: Metcon (Weight)
Pausing Sotts Press
5 Sotts Press @ Light Weights (3 Second Pause Overhead)
– These will be performed in the back rack position at the bottom of a squat.
– Barbell should be taken from a rack.
– Loading can be tricky here, so start very light.
– Empty barbell may be enough for a lot of athletes.
– Score: Record all 3 loads used with your overall score being your heaviest set.
3: Squat Snatch (5X3)
3 Squat Snatches @ 65-70%
(All Sets Based on 1RM Snatch)
– Reps do not need to be touch and go. Athletes can fully reset between reps.
– Let’s give ourselves 1-3 minutes of rest between sets.
– Score: Record all weights used with your overall score being your heaviest of the day.
– Power Snatch
– Squat Clean
MC: “Rundy” (Time)
5 Rounds For Time:
400 Meter Run
15 Power Snatches 75 / 55 lb
15-12-9-6-3 Handstand Push-ups
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– Today’s workout is meant to be a shoulder burner. We’ve snuck 75 power snatches (same volume as the Hero WOD “”Randy””) into a bit of a pacer. The only break we’ll get on the shoulders is the run.
– The 400’s should take less than 2:30.
– The power snatches should be a light weight that you can complete the 15 reps each round in no more than 2 sets. The snatches should be completed in under 1:30.
– The handstand push-ups are kipping. In order to complete the workout as prescribed, you should be able to complete 15+ unbroken handstand push-ups when fresh. You should not need more than 1 break on any round.
– Score: Time
– 500m Row
– 400m Ski
– 1000m Bike (Any)
– 300m Air Run
– Power Clean
– Single Dumbbell
– Double Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Swing
– Hang Power Snatch
– Use A Riser
– Handstand Shoulder Taps
– Push Presses
EC: Metcon (Calories)
Bike: Long [OPTIONAL]
5 Minutes From Easy-Moderate Pace
4 Minutes at Moderate Pace
2 Minutes at Easy Pace
5 Minutes at Easy Pace
Duration: 40 Minutes Straight
– Working long sustainable pacing here.
– Our goal should be to gain comfort in longer aerobic time domains with varying paces.
– Ideally this workout is completed on a Bike Erg, however, you can complete this piece on an air bike if needed. Scoring will be in calories so that all athletes can participate regardless of which bike is used.
– For the main set, set the bike to alternating intervals of 4:00 and 2:00 with 0:00 rest between. You’ll need to manually input all intervals so there should be 10 total (5 of each). You’ll be able to keep track of your average pace by doing this.
– Score: Enter calories for 10 intervals. Record your average paces (cals/hr) in your notes if you’d like to have it for future workouts.