Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
MC: “Lightsaber” (Time)
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 21 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 18 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 15 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 12 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 9 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 6 Power Snatches
10/8 Calorie Assault Bike, 3 Power Snatches
Barbell: 75 / 55 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The weight on the barbell should feel very light. It should be something you can complete all sets of power snatches in no more than 2 sets.
– The bike should be cleared in 1:00 or less each round.
– Score: Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. While we don’t want to be casual on the bike, we don’t want to push so hard that we can’t immediately pick up the bar each round.
2. To help control our breathing and heart rate, let’s think smooth reps on the snatches to keep ourselves under control. We want to hit big sets here so cycling the bar quickly will likely cause us to break more in the later rounds.
3. Even though the weight is light, let’s not be afraid to drop under the bar instead of muscle snatching every rep.
10/8 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 10/8 Ski Erg or Cal Air Run
– 12/10 Cal Bike Erg
– 12/10 Cal Row
– 150m Run
– Reduce Weight
– Sub Single Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Swings
EC: Metcon (Time)
3 Sets: 30/24 Calorie Row
Rest :30s between, and 2:00 after the final.
3 Sets: 25/20 Calorie Row
Rest :30s between.
– Working short intervals here on the rower.
– We want to reach here a little on each interval to get comfortable pushing that threshold pace a little. Guys can aim to row above 1000 cals/hr and ladies can aim to row above 900 cals/hr.
– We will log the time for all 6 sets and the app will combine them for our score.
– Score: Combined Time
30/24 CALORIE ROW
– 30/24 Cal Bike Erg
– 24/18 Cal Assault Bike, Ski Erg, or Air Run
– 400m Run
25/20 CALORIE ROW
– 25/20 Cal Bike Erg
– 20/16 Cal Assault Bike, Ski Erg, or Air Run
– 300m Run