Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Grit Squats – Week 6B
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Superset means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
3 Back Squats @ 90%
5 Front Squats @ 70%
3 Back Squats @ 94%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
3 Back Squats @ 98%
5 Front Squats @ 74%
1: “Diameter” (Time)
4 Rounds For Time:
500 Meter Row
9 Deadlifts 275 / 185 lb
18 Kipping Handstand Push-Ups
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The row should take less than 2:20
– The deadlifts should take less than :45s
– The HSPU should take under 1:30
– The weight on the barbell should be a heavier weight but you should still be able to complete the reps in no more than 2 sets within the workout.
– If you cannot complete 9+ HSPU unbroken when fresh, reduce the reps to something you could complete in 3 sets or less each round (15, 12, or 9).
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Pace the row in a way that will allow you to push the deads and HSPU. Guys can aim to row at a 1:45-2:05 pace. Girls can aim to row at a 1:55-2:15 pace.
2. While the deadlifts are on the heavier side, we still want to hold on for 1-2 sets. If you know that your HSPU are likely to slow you down, 1 break may be helpful in managing arm/shoulder fatigue.
3. Let’s push ourselves a bit on the HSPU. Aim for 3 sets or less on these. Be mindful of your breaks and take a couple extra seconds between sets if you need it in order to stick to your strategy.
4. Have that “just start” mentality in this workout. As soon as you finish one movement, get right to work on the next.
– 400m Run
– 1000m Bike (Any)
– 400m Ski
– Sub Double Dumbbells/Kettlebells
– Double Dumbbell Push Presses
– Use a 5″ Riser