Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
MC: “Adulting” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
30 Single Dumbbell Alternating Power Snatches (50 / 35 lb)
30 Toes to Bar
30 Single Dumbbell Box Step-ups (24″/20″)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Choose a dumbbell weight that we could cycle for 30+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– The snatches should take under 1:30
– The bike should take under 2:30
– The toes to bar should take under 1:30 and our sets should be no less than 5 at a time. Reduce the reps if needed to something you can complete in no more than 5 sets.
– The box step-ups should take under 1:30
– Athletes can expect to get around 3 rounds in this 18 minute AMRAP.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With a longer time domain, our maximum sustainable pace will be a bit more reserved. Think about what pace we would need to keep our breathing in check for the first 10-12 minutes and use that pace to start.
2. Find a steady pace on the snatches where we are breathing and in control.
3. Aim to finish the bike in around 2 minutes each round.
4. The toes to bar can be our downfall if we aren’t careful. Let’s think of breaking into smaller sets with quick breaks if we need to in order to not hit a wall. Some options for breaking these up are: 20-10, 15-15, 12-10-8, 8-8-7-7, 5 sets of 6.
2: Metcon (No Measure)
Not for Time
Heavy Russian Kettlebell Swings
*After Each Set: 25-50ft. Handstand Walk
– Practicing our handstand walks under fatigue.
– Choose a kettlebell weight the we can complete unbroken.
– Russian swings will stop at eye level, not going overhead.