Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Grit Squats – Week 4B
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Superset means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
5 Back Squats @ 79%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
5 Back Squats @ 84%
5 Front Squats @ 74%
5 Back Squats @ 89%
5 Front Squats @ 76%
MC: “Snack Bar” (Time)
400 Meter Run
10 Power Cleans
500/400 Meter Row
10 Push Jerks
Barbell: (155 / 105 lb)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Choose a barbell weight that allows you to complete the push jerks in no more than 2 sets (bar comes from the floor).
– The run should take between 1:45-2:30 each round.
– Each of the barbell movements should take 1:00 or less.
– The row should take between 1:45-2:30 each round.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The first priority today is the barbell. Find a plan that you feel is consistent across the 3 rounds. For the cleans, this may be 10 straight, 5-5, 4-3-3, or singles. For the push jerks, we want to complete all 10 reps unbroken or have 1 break at MOST.
2. Run and row at a pace that supports your strategy on the barbell. The goal is to find the “max sustainable pace” that allows you to go big on the bar. We’d rather sacrifice a little speed here for bigger sets on the barbell.
3. Look to have the “just start” mentality today. Try to get your hands on the barbell and rower handle quickly. Shortening up the transitions from movement to movement adds up over 3 rounds.
– 500/400 Meter Row
– 1000/800 Meter Bike (Any)
– 400 Meter Run
– 1000/800 Meter Bike
CLEANS & JERKS
– Double Dumbbell
EC: Metcon (Weight)
:20 Seconds Waiter Squat Hold (Each Side)
Max Strict Pull-ups
5 Tempo Romanian Deadlift (5 Seconds Down)
– We want to have a perfect and engaged squat hold with the waiter squat.
– Think quality movement patters over speed with the pull-ups here. Make sure your chin gets all the way over the bar at the top and that your arms fully straighten in the bottom with the head poking back through the arms.
– Record your max sets of pull-ups with the sum total being your overall score. Record weights used for the waiter squats and RDL’s in your notes.