Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
NEW CYCLE “SILVERBACK”
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
3 Sets for Quality:
15 Banded Kneeling Hip Thrusts
12 Cossak Squats (6 each side)
9 Pendlay Barbell Bent Over Rows
– Week 1 of 2 of this specific Silverback Primer.
– Athete’s choice on loading and intensity but the first priority is great movement quality.
– Input your 3 weights used for the Pedlay Rows. All other information can be recorded in your notes.
2: Metcon (Weight)
On the Minute x 10:
2 Box Squats
– All sets at 55% of 5RM Back Squat.
– This will be a back squat to a box.
– Set the box height at parallel.
– Input the weight you used across as your score.
Today’s Weight: of 1RM Back Squat
3: Metcon (Weight)
On the 3:00 x 3 Sets:
50′ Double Dumbbell Front Rack Walking Lunge
– Dumbbells must be in proper rack position (hands on handles).
– Aim to build in weight over the 3 course of the 3 sets.
– These should get pretty heavy but remember that form trumps load.
MC: “Clean Shave” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
10 Hang Squat Snatches 95 / 65 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The weight on the barbell should be on the lighter side and something we feel confident we could cycle 15+ hang squat snatches unbroken when fresh.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Main focus is big sets on the barbell today.
2. Steady pace on the box jump overs. Stepping down is a great way to stay in control of your breathing and rhythm.
3. Shoot for 1-2 sets on the hang squat snatches.
4. Time 1 full round for your practice round. This will help you determine how many rounds you are likely going to complete over the course of the 10 minutes. This will also help with pacing.