Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: Metcon (Weight)
Clean & Jerk Technique
On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
1 Pausing Power Clean
1 Power Clean
1 Pausing Push Jerk
1 Push Jerk
*Pause 1 second in the catch postion of both the clean and the jerk.
– Final week of our mini clean and jerk technique progression.
– We’ll start our sets at 5% higher and finish 5% higher than last week.
– Percentages are still meant to be on the lighter side in order to ensure good quality movement.
– Pauses in the catch of the first clean and the catch of the first jerk are to help focus get receiving the bar with the knees out and hips back.
– We often see athletes with the knees pushed out forward of the toes and the hips tucked slightly forward in the recieving position of both the clean and the jerk. This is something we want avoid in our lifts.
– Let’s video our lifts today so that we can watch back and see what our landings look like.
Percentages based off 1RM Power Clean:
Set 1: 40% of 1RM Power Clean
Set 2: 45% of 1RM Power Clean
Sets 3-5: 50% of 1RM Power Clean
2: Metcon (Weight)
Clean & Jerk
On The Minute x 8 Sets:
1 Clean & Jerk
– Keeping postioning the focus, we’ll build up to a moderate clean and jerk.
– We’ll take what we’ve learned over the past couple of weeks of technique work and put it to the test to see if we are aware of any improvements made in our catch postions.
Percentages based off 1RM Clean & Jerk:
Sets 1+2 – 60% of 1RM Clean & Jerk
Sets 3+4 – 65% of 1RM Clean & Jerk
Sets 5+6 – 70% of 1RM Clean & Jerk
Sets 7+8- 75% of 1RM Clean & Jerk
MC: “In The Air Tonight” (Time)
10 Rounds For Time:
3 Power Clean and Jerks 135 / 95 lb
6 Lateral Burpees Over Bar
9 Kettlebell Swings 53 / 35 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Looking for a weight on the barbell we could easily complete 3+ clean and jerks unbroken when fresh.
– Looking for a kettlebell weight we can hold onto for unbroken sets of 9 every round.