Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
MC1: “Hot and Bothered” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
On the 0:00… “Hot & Bothered”
40 Single Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks
30 Box Jumps
20 Kipping Handstand Pushups
Dumbbell – 50 / 35 lb
Box – 24″/20″
Deadlift – 275 / 185 lb
– On all sets, it is our aim *to be able* to complete each unbroken if tried exclusively, when fresh.
– Inside the workout, ~1-3 quick breaks is entirely apprpropriate.
– Begin with the end in mind, as this workout has a large focus on pacing mid-range rounds.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Planned breaks with disciplined rest times.
2. Break the HSPU one more time than you think you should.
3. We can’t let ourselves stop during the box jumps. Steady.
MC2: Metcon (Weight)
On the 20:00… Deadlift
On the Minute x 6
All percentages based on 1RM Deadlift:
Set 1 – 2 Reps @ 60% of 1RM Deadlift
Set 2 – 2 Reps @ 65% of 1RM Deadlift
Set 3 – 2 Reps @ 70% of 1RM Deadlift
Sets 4-6 – 1 Deadlift, building to a heavy single for the day.
– In the history of the Open, we have seen a handful of strength tests follow a met-con.
– Training that skill today in our 2nd part (or 3) of the running clock effort today.
– Intention is to learn about ourselves by reaching towards higher percentages while fatigued.
– Build to a heavy single for the day, all while staying in training mode. Heavy, but not max.
MC3: Metcon (Distance)
On the 27:00… Handstand Walk
Handstand Walk for Max Total Meters
– Part 3 of 3 in our running clock effort today.
– Testing our capacity on our hands under two very different, but impactful training pieces coming prior to.
– In the history of the Open, we have seen the combination of deadlifts and handstand walking in multiple years.
– Set a 25′ course to match Open standards, and use each length or lap as a means to assess pacing at the halfway mark.
– Despite this window being on the shorter side, how we pace this will be highly influencial towards our final score.
– Scoring wise, 5′ must be completed for it to count towards our total score. Track total meters successfully cleared with that standard (example: 2 succesful lengths on this course would be a score of 50).
EC: Metcon (No Measure)
3 Giant Sets:
25 GHD Sit-Ups
20 Single Dumbbell Bent-over Rows (10/side)
15 Barbell Glute Bridges
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– As a refresher, a giant set is not for time, but sustains intensity.
– Move from station to station as if it’s truly “one giant set”, and we’ll rest 2:00 between.
– On all three sets, we are free to build on both weighted movements, while keeping in mind that the intention is to complete each movement unbroken.
– Make it challenging, but movement quality always comes first in Body Armor.