Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes in Wodify. Also, continue to cancel classes when you aren’t able to make them. When a class if full and you don’t cancel, it could prevent someone who wants that time spot from coming in. Thank you.
1: “Strict Gymnastics 10.30.20” (Time)
*This effort will be repeated one week from today.
– Strict pressing and pulling in the descending rep scheme.
– Muscle failure is a real possibility, so we want to break early and often before we get to that point.
– A planned break will always be shorter than an unplanned one.
MC1: “Under the Sea” Part A (Time)
“Under the Sea” Part A
For Time, with a 30:00 Time Cap:
100 Bar-Facing Burpees
– No weights necessary for today’s 3-station chipper workout, as we’ll complete all cardio and gymnastics movements
– You’ll finish all the listed work at one station before advancing to the next
– Your score is the total time it takes to complete the 3 movements
– We expect this workout to take between 15-25 minutes to complete
Row: ~8-10 Minutes
Double Unders: ~2-4 Minutes
Burpees: ~5-10 Minutes
100/75 Cal AAB
– Let’s choose a rep number or variation that allows us to clear this station in 3-4 minutes maximum
– If done with the prescribed reps, this works out to about 40-50 reps on the minute
BAR FACING BURPEES
– These are standard bar facing burpees:
Chest and thighs hit the floor in the bottom
Jump or step off the floor
Two foot jump over the bar
MC2: “Under the Sea” Part 2 (Weight)
“Under the Sea” Part B
In Time Remaining until the 30:00 Cap:
Build to a 1RM Hang Squat Clean
All percentages based on 1RM Squat Clean:
Set 1 – 65% of 1RM Squat Clean
Set 2 – 70% of 1RM Squat Clean
Set 3 – 75% of 1RM Squat Clean
Set 4 – 80% of 1RM Squat Clean
Sets 5+ – Build to a 1RM for the day.
– Once we finish “Under the Sea” Part A, we can work to recover and begin Part B.
– We have the remaining time from when we finish to the 30:00 mark using the same clock.
– The goal here will be to immediately shift our focus to recovery in order to begin and work to our heavy hang squat clean.
– This structure of estabilshing a max on a lift immediately after a workout reflects what we have seen in the Open and other competitions.
– With the fatigue in our legs from Part A, the barbell is going to want to pull us forward more than normal, we need to expect this and stay balanced throughout the lift.