Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
Athletes can choose between Snatch Complex or Front Squat.
30s PVC Pass Throughs
30s PVC Around The Worlds (Right)
30s PVC Around The Worlds (Left)
1:00 Frog Stretch
1:00 Boot Strappers
“Snatch Complex” (Weight)
10 Sets [Same Weight Across]:
1 Power Snatch
1 Overhead Squat
1 Hang Squat Snatch
Rest 1 Minute Between Sets.
– Athletes should complete each complex unbroken.
– Use the same weight across here.
– Aim to complete this complex at 75-80% of your 1RM power snatch.
– Score: Load Used Across
10 Empty Barbell Snatch Grip Deadlifts
8 Empty Barbell Overhead Squats
4 Empty Barbell Power Snatches
4 Empty Barbell Hang Squat Snatches
Build To Working Weight
Front Squat (Set 1: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 2: 5 Front Squats @ 73%
Set 3: 5 Front Squats @ 76%
Set 4: 5 Front Squats @ 79%
Set 5: 5 Front Squats @ 82%
Set 6: 5 Front Squats @ 82%
Set 7: 5 Front Squats @ 82%)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– The percentages will build sets 1-4 then sets 5-7 will be performed at the same weight but the reps will decrease.
– Score: Enter weight of last 3 sets only.
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Front Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Front Squats
5 Front Squats (Light Weight)
3 Front Squats (Moderate Weight)
Build To 70%
“Chipper Gon Bad” (AMRAP – Reps)
100 Wallballs 20 / 14 lb to 10/9ft.
80 Dumbbell Snatches 50 / 35 lb
60 Box Jumps (24”/20”)
40 Dumbbell Push Press 50 / 35 lb’s
Max Calorie Row
– Overview: Athletes will perform 100 wallballs, 80 dumbbell snatches, 60 box jump overs, and 40 dumbbell push presses. Once all that work is complete, athletes will accumulate as many calories as possible on the rower in the remaining time of the 18 minute window.
– Wallballs: Athletes should be able to complete sets of 7 or more. Reps should be completed in 6:00 or less.
– Dumbbell Snatches: These should be performed as power snatches and athletes should switch arms every rep. Reps should be completed in 4:00 or less.
– Box Jumps: Athletes are required to stand fully on the box. Step downs are required (no rebounding). Reps should be completed in 3:00 or less.
– Dumbbell Push Press: Perform with 2 dumbbells. Push jerks will not be allowed. Reps should be completed in 2:00 or less.
– Score: Total calories completed on the rower. All other reps will not be counted toward your score. If you do not make it to the rower, your score is 0.
– Break the wallballs more than you think in order to set yourself up for success for the rest of the workout. If wallballs are you jam, start with bigger sets or 1 big set, then chip away at some smaller sets to catch the breath and prepare for the dumbbell snatches. If wallballs aren’t your favorite movement, quick small sets all the way through works great.
– Find a steady rhythm on the dumbbell snatches. Focus on your breathing over your speed here. If you need break along the way, just keep them as quick as possible.
– Let’s aim to just stay moving on the box jumps. No need to rush through these and this will be a great place to catch the breath a bit after the first 2 movements.
– Let’s aim for quick sets and quick rest on the dumbbell push presses. Rather than pausing in the front rack or overhead, let’s aim to cycle these on the faster side so we spend as little time under tension as possible. 2-4 sets works great here.
– Expect the first 30 seconds to 1 minute on the rower to be little on the slower side. Let’s aim to lean in and ease our foot on the gas pedal as we approach the finish.
– Reduce Loading, Target, or Reps
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– 80 Empty Barbell Thrusters
– 150 Air Squats
– Reduce Reps or Loading
– Sub Kettlebell Swings
– Sub Empty Barbell Hang Power Snatches
– Reduce Reps or Box Height
– Box Step-Ups
– 120 Dumbbell or Barbell Jump Overs
DUMBBELL PUSH PRESSES
– Reduce Reps or Loading
– Sub Barbell
– Sub Burpees
– Sub Kipping HSPU
MAX CALORIE ROW
– Cal Bike
– Cal Ski
– 10m Shuttle Runs
– Cal Air Run