CrossFit – Wed, May 24
Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
30s Banded Lat Stretch (Each Side)
30s Banded Ankle Stretch (Each Side)
30s Calf Stretch On Post (Each Side)
30s Banded Pass Throughs
Front Squat (Set 1: 5 Front Squats @ 67%
Set 2: 3 Front Squats @ 76%
Set 3: 1 Front Squat @ 85%
Set 4: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 5: 3 Front Squats @ 79%
Set 6: 1 Front Squats @ 88%
*Rest 1-2 minutes between sets)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Reps should be completed unbroken. It is okay to pause between reps with the bar in the front rack.
– Weights will build up, come back down a bit, then build back up again.
– Score: notate 1 @ 88%
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Front Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Front Squats
5 Front Squats (Light Weight)
3 Front Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building (if needed) until you reach 67%
Bench Press (
Build To A Heavy Set of 10
– Barbell should be taken from a rack.
– If you don’t have a spotter, do not use collars on the bar for safety incase you miss a rep and need to dump the bar.
– The 10 reps need to be completed unbroken to count.
– We aren’t necessarily looking to hit a PR today but if it’s there, go for it!
– We recommend no more than 3 attempts at your heavy set of 10.
– Score: Enter heaviest set of 10 for today.
“Gymnastics Conditioning” Extra Credit (5 Rounds for reps)
Every 3 Minutes x 5 Sets:
2 Minutes Max Calorie Echo Bike
1 Unbroken Set of Ring Muscle-ups
– Athletes can play their strengths here in this workout in order to maximize their score.
– If you are stronger on the bike, push the pace and accumulate as many cals as you can each round.
– If you are stronger on the rings, hold back a bit on the bike and push your ring muscle-up sets.
– Score: Enter total calories + ring muscle-ups (total reps) each round. Overall score will be the sum total.
2 Rounds For Time:
125 Double Unders
750/600 Meter Row
50 Wallballs 20/14lbto 10/9ft
– Overview: Athletes will find that they can push the pace a bit here in this 2 rounder. The big separators will be the wallballs and/or double unders.
– Double Unders: Reps should be completed in less than 2:00.
– Row: Athletes should be able to complete the row in less than 3:30.
– Wallballs: Athletes should be able to complete each round in sets of 7 or more. Reps should take less than 3:00.
– Score: Total time
– Let’s make the first focus this workout on the wallballs. Let’s challenge ourselves to hold on for some bigger sets here.
– The next focus should be on the double unders. Let’s see if we can get these done in 3 sets or less.
– The thing that matters the least here is our row pace. A couple seconds faster on the row could mean an extra break on the ball. let’s be smart about our pacing so that we can lean into our wallball and double under sets.
– Reduce Reps
– 1.5x Single Unders
– Plate Hops
– 1:30 Effort On Any Machine
750/600 METER ROW
– Reduce Meters
– 4:00 Time Cap
– 700/500m Ski
– 1500/1200m Bike
– 500m Run
– 400m Air Run
– Reduce Reps/Loading/Target
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– 75 Air Squats