Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
30s Banded Lat Stretch (Each Side)
30s Banded Ankle Stretch (Each Side)
30s Calf Stretch On Post (Each Side)
30s Banded Pass Throughs
Push Press (9 Sets [Building To Heavy]:
3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1 Push Press
*Rest 1-2 Minutes Between Sets
*Start First Working Set @ 75%
– Barbell should be taken from a rack.
– Reps do not need to be performed touch and go. Athletes can pause overhead or in the front rack between reps.
– A re-dip under the bar is not permitted.
– Athletes should aim to climb in weight each set.
– Score: Loading of last set.
With An Empty Bar…
5 Push Presses
With A Light Weight…
3 Push Presses
*Build to 75%
Front Squat (Set 1: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 2: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 3: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 4: 5 Front Squats @ 70%
Set 5: Max Front Squats @ 70%
*Rest 1-2 minutes between set)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Reps must be completed unbroken each set. Athletes can pause in the front rack standing tall between reps if needed.
– The last set will be a max set.
– Score: Enter reps completed in the final set.
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Front Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Front Squats
5 Front Squats (Light Weight)
3 Front Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building until you reach 70%
10 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
15 Bar-Facing Burpees
20 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
25 Bar-Facing Burpees
30 Thrusters (95/65 lb)
35 Bar-Facing Burpees
In honor of U.S. Army First Lieutenant Omar Vazquez, 25, of Hamilton, NJ, died of wounds suffered April 22, 2011
To learn more about Omar click here
– Overview: Athletes will be challenged to hold onto the barbell for bigger sets today with the loading being on the lighter side. The shoulders will feel fatigued the most as both movements require an upper body press.
– Thrusters: Loading should not exceed 55% of your 1rm thruster. Athletes can squat clean the first rep if they would like.
– Bar-Facing Burpees: A two foot take off is not required but athletes must jump over the bar. Athlete should be able to complete 10+ burpees in 1 minute to complete reps as prescribed.
– Score: Total Time
– Let’s try to hold on for some bigger sets of thrusters today. We can aim for 1-2 sets in the first round, 1-2 sets in the second round, and 1-3 sets in the last round.
– Use the burpees as your pacer. We can move at a speed that allows us to stick to our strategy on the barbell.
– Reduce Loading
– Reduce Reps
– Sub Dumbbells
– Front Squats
– Push Presses
– Reduce Reps
– Bar-Facing Burpees (With Step Over)
– Lateral Barbell Burpees
– Burpee To Target
– Regular Burpees
– 15/12-25/20-35/28 Calories On Any Machine