CrossFit – Tue, May 23
Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
1:00 Active Samson
1:00 Front Rack Stretch On Box
1:00 Banded Front Rack Stretch (Each Arm)
1:00 Pigeon Pose On Box (Each Leg)
Clean and Jerk (For Time:
10 Clean & Jerks @ 55%
8 Clean & Jerks @ 63%
6 Clean & Jerks @ 72%
4 Clean & Jerks @ 80%
2 Clean & Jerks @ 88%
– These can be squat or power cleans as well as split or push jerks. We suggest a squat clean & split jerk.
– Reps do not need to be performed touch and go.The barbell may be dropped between reps.
– Use 1 barbell and swap out the weights. Clips/collars should be used for every lift.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout.
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Strict Presses
5 Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Squat Cleans
5 Split Jerks
With A Light Weight:
3 Clean & Jerks
With A Moderate Weight:
2 Clean & Jerks
…Keep making weight jumps until you reach 55%
Build To A Heavy Set of 20
– Barbell can come from the floor.
– Athletes can pause overhead or in the front rack if needed.
– Athletes should aim to hit around 50-60% of their 1RM thruster.
– We suggest taking no more than 2 attempts at your heavy 20. Rest 3-5 minutes between attempts.
– Score: Load
“Deficit HSPU’s” (AMRAP – Reps)
On the Minute x 10:
– Stack up plates to create more of a deficit each round. Using the same deficit for multiple rounds is permitted. Sets should be completed unbroken.
– Since we don’t have inches as a scoring unit, 1 rep = 1 inch. If you complete your 3 HSPU at 6 inches, your score is 6 reps.
– If you cannot complete reps with any deficit, your score will be scaled and you’ll enter in your riser height. For example, if you need a 2 inch riser, your score will be scaled and you’ll enter in 2 in the score bar.
– Score: Enter all your deficit heights. 1 rep = 1 inch.
– Use Riser
– Z press with dumbbells
“Here and There” (Time)
“Here and There”
800-600-400 Meter Run
40-30-20 Deadlifts 135/95lb
20-15-10 Handstand Push-ups
– Overview: Athletes should move through this workout at their threshold pace. The weight is lighter on the barbell today with the reps being on the higher side.
– Run: The 800m run should take about 4:00, the 600m should take about 3:00, and the 400m should take about 2:00.
– Deadlifts: Loading should not exceed 45% of your 1RM deadlift.
– Handstand Push-Ups: These can be performed with or without a kip. Reps should take no longer than 1:30 in any round.
– Score: Total time
– Pace the run in a way that will allow you to get your hands right on the bar when you come in.
– Aim for sets of 7 or more on the deadlifts. Remember that the smaller the set, the quicker the break!
– Aim for sets of 5 or more on the hspu.
– Quick transitions will be key in this workout.
800-600-400 METER RUN
– Reduce Distance
– 800-600-400m Ski
– 2000-1500-1000m Bike (Any Bike)
– 1000-750-500m Row
– 32-24-16 Shuttle Runs (25ft. Out + 25ft. Back)
– Reduce Reps/Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
– Sub Kettlebells
– Reduce Reps
– Use Riser
– Double Dumbbell Push Press