Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Thursday is an active recovery or rest day in our programming. An active recovery WOD will be posted, but class time will be run as open gym and can also be used as a make up day.
PLEASE continue to reserve classes through the Wodify app and cancel classes you are unable to make.
Thursday 30 Mobility
2:00 Child’s Pose
2:00 Shoulder to Floor (1:00 Each Side)
2:00 Wrist Stretches
2:00 Kneeling Front Rack Stretch
2:00 Down Dog
2:00 Couch Stretch (Each Side)
2:00 Pigeon Pose (Each Side)
2:00 Spiderman Hold (Each Side)
2:00 Frog Stretch
2:00 Straddle Stretch
5 Rounds For Time:
21-18-15-12-9 Front Squats 115 / 85 lb
1-2-3-4-5 Rope Climbs (15ft.)
400 Meter Run
Time Cap: 35 Minutes
– Overview: Each round, the front squat reps will decrease as the rope climb reps increase. Athletes will grind through the barbell and rope climb reps and recover out on the run.
– Front Squat: Loading should not exceed 65% of your 1RM Front Squat. Athletes should be able to complete 21+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– Rope: Athletes should be able to complete 2 or more ropes within a minute when fresh to complete reps as prescribed.
– Run: Should be completed in 2:15 or less.
– Score: Total time. If capped, your time is 35:00 and make a note of where you finished in your notes.
– Let’s try to hold on for 1-2 sets of front squats in this workout.
– Be mindful of your rest transitioning to the rope and in between rope climbs. Time can easily slip away taking too much rest here. Try to make each transition or break no longer than 7 seconds.
– Use the run as a recovery in this workout. Run at a pace that allows you to stick to your game plan on the barbell and rope.
– Reduce Loading
– Reduce Reps
– Sub Dumbbells
– Sub Barbell
– 2x Air Squats
– Reduce Height
– 5 Strict Pull-Ups = 1 Rope
– 5 Toes To Bar = 1 Rope
– 6 Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows = 1 Rope
– Lay to Stand Climb
400 METER RUN
– Reduce Distance
– 2:15 Time Cap
– 500m Row
– 400m Ski
– 1,000m Bike
– 300m Air Run