CrossFit – Sat, Feb 11
Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
1:00 Banded Hip Flexor Stretch (Each Leg)
1:00 Front Rack Stretch
1:00 Banded Lat Stretch (Each Arm)
1:00 Squat Hold
Handstand Push-ups (Max Unbroken Handstand Push-ups
– Athletes can perform these with OR without a kip.
– If you cannot complete 5+ reps, rest 3-5 minutes then repeat the test with a 2″ riser.
– Score: Total reps.
– Use 2″ Riser
– Use 5″ Riser
– Double Dumbbell Push Press
Shoulder Press (Strict Press
Build To A Heavy Single
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– If you miss a lift 3 times, stop there.
– Score: Heaviest Successful Lift
“Rear View” (Time)
Teams of Two
5 Rounds For Time:
30 Dumbbell Bench Press
100ft. Dumbbell Front Rack Lunge (switch every 25ft)
Time Cap: 30min
5 Rounds For Time:
15 Dumbbell Bench Press
30/21 Calorie Row
60ft. Dumbbell Front Rack Lunge
Time Cap: 20 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: Grindy Threshold. Athlete should complete this workout at their maximal sustainable pace while grinding through the dumbbell movements.
– Bench: Perform using 2 dumbbells. Reps should take less than 1:30 each round.
– Row: Should be completed in less than 2:00.
– Front Rack Lunge: Should be performed with 2 dumbbells in a 1x60ft. section, 2x30ft. sections, or 3x20ft. sections. Athletes must complete at least 5ft. unbroken at a time (mark every 5ft. using chalk or tape lines). Lunge should be completed in less than 1:30.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout.
– Aim to complete the bench presses in 1-5 sets. This will likely start off with bigger sets, then drop off as fatigue sets in. Let’s avoid any “sticky” reps if possible.
– Aim to complete the row in less than 2:00. If you think about it in terms of how many cals you want to complete in a minute, ideally we’re finishing around 15/12 cals or more in one minute. You can use this as a guide for pacing. As long as we are hitting this in your first minute of each row, we are likely in a good spot.
– How long you hold onto the dumbbells should be determined by how your shoulders are feeling. We want to make sure we are aware of the shoulder fatigue setting in as we will go right from our lunge back into the bench press. 1-2 breaks here may be a smart move.