Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
30s Banded Lat Stretch (Each Side)
30s Banded Ankle Stretch (Each Side)
30s Calf Stretch On Post (Each Side)
30s Banded Pass Throughs
Back Squat (Heavy Single)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Athletes don’t necessarily need to be going for a PR today but if it’s there, go for it!
– Score: Load
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Back Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Back Squats
5 Back Squats (Light Weight)
3 Back Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building in singles until you reach your heavy for the day.
Thruster (Build to a heavy set of 5)
– Barbell should come from the floor.
– Athletes can pause overhead or in the front rack if needed.
– Athletes should aim to hit around 75-85% of their 1RM thruster.
– We suggest taking no more than 3 attempts at your heavy 5. Rest 2-4 minutes between attempts.
– Score: Load
30s Empty Barbell Front Squat Hold
5 Empty Barbell Strict Press
5 Empty Barbell Front Squats
5 Empty Barbell Thrusters
With a Light barbell:
With A Moderate Barbell:
Keep building toward 75-85% hitting 2-3 reps each time you make a weight jump.
“Calamari” (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
40/30 Calorie Row
20 Thrusters 75 / 55 lb
10 Bar Muscle-ups
– Overview: Athletes will be challenged to hold onto the barbell for bigger sets of thrusters in this 15 minute workout which will impact the bar muscle-ups and pacing on the rower.
– Row: Should be completed in 3:00 or less.
– Thrusters: Should be completed in 2:00 or less. Loading should not exceed 50% of your 1RM thruster.
– Bar Muscle-Ups: Should be completes in 2:00 or less. Athletes should be able to do at least 5 reps unbroken when fresh. to complete reps as prescribed.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
– Our first focus should be on the muscle-ups as these are a big separator. If you have the capacity to go for 10 unbroken or 6-4 let’s go for it here and strategize the other two movements around that. If more sets are needed we may need to push the other 2 movements a bit more to compensate.
– Let’s aim for 1-4 sets on the thrusters. Again, this will come down to what your bar muscle-up sets look like.
– The row will be the movement where we catch our breath a bit.
40/30 CALORIE ROW
– Reduce Cals
– 40/30 Cal Bike Erg
– 30/24 Cal Assault or Echo Bike
– 30/24 Cal Ski
– 30/24 Cal Air Run
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
– Sub Kettlebells
– Front Squats
– Push Presses
– Reduce Reps
– Ring Muscle-Ups
– Jumping Bar Muscle-Ups
– Banded Bar Muscle-Ups
– Bar Dips
– Chest To Bar Pull-ups
– Double Dumbbell Devil’s Presses