CrossFit – Fri, Mar 10
Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
30s KB Lat Smash (Each Side)
30s Banded Ankle Stretch (Each Side)
30s KB Calf Smash (Each Side)
30s Banded Pass Throughs
Power Clean (Build To A Heavy Set of 3
– We aren’t necessarily looking to PR today. Just build to something that feels heavy for today.
– Athletes should perform all reps as touch and go.
– Score: Heaviest successful lift.
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Strict Presses
5 Power Cleans
With A Light Weight:
3 Power Cleans
With A Moderate Weight:
2 Power Cleans
…Make more jumps completing 1-2 reps if needed until you are ready to attempt your heavy set of 3.
5 Rounds For Time:
20 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
5-4-3-2-1 Clean andJerks (225/155lb)
Time Cap: 15 Minutes
– Conditioning Category: Grind. Athletes will grind through the chest to bar and heavy clean and jerks.
– Chest To Bar: Reps should take 2:00 or less each round.
– Clean andJerks: Athletes can perform any style clean and any style jerk that they would like. Reps should feel heavy but loading should not exceed 75% of your 1RM clean & jerk.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout. If capped, add 1s for every missed rep.
– The barbell is HEAVY today so let’s plan to break up the chest to bar if we know we are likely to struggle with the loading today.
Sets of 4’s or more works great here each round.
– If you feel confident in the barbell, let’s try to hold on for bigger sets of the chest to bar.
– The clean and jerks will best be cycled in singles.
– Reduce Reps
– Weighted Sit-ups
OVERHEAD WALKING LUNGE
– Reduce Distance
– Reduce Loading
– Front Rack Walking Lunge
– Sub Dumbbells or Kettlebells
– Bar-Lateral Burpees
– Burpee To Target
– Regular Burpees
– Max Calories On Any Machine