Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
30s KB Lat Smash (Each Side)
30s Banded Ankle Stretch (Each Side)
30s KB Calf Smash (Each Side)
30s Banded Pass Throughs
Clean and Jerk (
Build To A Heavy Triple
– On 5.19.2023 we built to a heavy double. Reference this score if you’d like to help give you a goal weight for today.
– These can be squat or power cleans as well as split or push jerks. We suggest a squat clean & split jerk.
– Reps do not need to be performed touch and go.The barbell may be dropped between each clean and jerk.
– Score: Enter heaviest successful attempt.
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Strict Presses
5 Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
5 Squat Cleans
5 Split Jerks
With A Light Weight:
3 Clean and Jerks
With A Moderate Weight:
2 Clean and Jerks
…Keep making weight jumps until you are ready to attempt your heavy triple.
Back Squat (Set 1: 5 Back Squats @ 50%
Set 2: 3 Back Squats @ 60%
Set 3: 2 Back Squats @ 70%
Set 4: 1 Back Squat @ 75%
Set 5: 1 Back Squat @ 80%
Set 6: Max Back Squats @ 85%
Rest 1-2 minutes between sets)
– Barbell should come from a rack.
– Pauses between reps are permitted with the bar held in the back rack position.
– The last set of back squats should be a max set. Athletes can aim for 5 or more reps.
– Score: Enter reps completed for your max set.
1:00 Bottom Of Air Squat Hold
10 Air Squats
30s Empty Barbell Bottom of Back Squat Hold
10 Empty Barbell Back Squats
5 Back Squats (Light Weight)
3 Back Squats (Moderate Weight)
…Keep building in sets of 2-3 reps until you are reach 50%
“Strict weighted Pull-ups” (Weight)
Build to a heavy set of 5
– Use a weight belt or squeeze a dumbbell between the legs.
– Reps should be completed unbroken.
– If you are unable add any weight, use bands.
– Score: Load
Hotshots 19 (Time)
6 Rounds for time of:
19 Power Cleans, 135# / 95#
7 Strict Pull-ups
– Overview: In this long and grindy hero workout, athletes will need to pace themselves right from the start. Breaking up the cleans and the pull-ups in a way that athletes can stick to throughout all 6 rounds will be key.
– Air Squats: Reps should be completed in 1:15 or less.
– Power Cleans: Loading should not exceed 65% of their 1RM power clean. Reps should be completed in 1:00 or less.
– Strict Pull-Ups: Reps should be completed in 1:00 or less.
– Run: Each run should take 2:15 or less.
– Score: Total Time
– Settle into a steady pace on the air squats. This is a great place to catch your breath in this workout.
– Singles on the power cleans right from the start is a great option in this workout. Another great option is to alternate between touch and go sets and singles to help move through the cleans a little faster.
– Singles on the strict pull-ups is also a great option if these tend to break down quickly for you. Another option could be to hold on for 4-5 reps, then take a quick break, then finish out the last 2-3 reps as singles.
– Let’s find a steady pace on the 400m runs. The only run we really want to push is the very last one.