Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
1:00 Active Samson
1:00 Front Rack Stretch On Box
1:00 Banded Front Rack Stretch (Each Arm)
1:00 Pigeon Pose On Box (Each Leg)
“Kipping Pull-Up Testing” (AMRAP – Reps)
Max Unbroken Kipping Pull-ups
– Reps must be completed unbroken.
– These can be kipping reps or butterfly reps.
– Hanging between reps is permitted. As soon as the feet touch the ground or the hands come off the bar, your set is complete.
– Score: Total reps
5 Kip Swings
1-3 Strict Pull-Ups
2-3 Kipping Pull-Ups
– Ring Rows
– Single Dumbbell Rows (Each Arm)
Deadlift (Heavy Single)
– Athletes do not need to attempt a PR today, just lift something heavy for a single rep. If you are feeling good and want to go for it, then feel free to do so!
– Score: Load
5 Light Reps
3 Moderate Reps
…Keep hitting singles from here until you reach your heavy single for the day.
“Practical Joker” (Time)
Deadlifts 225 / 155 lb
Toes to Bar
1,000/800 Meter Row
Time Cap: 15 Minutes
– Overview: In the first part of the workout, athletes will complete another classic CompTrain workout (“Joker”) and have their grit and grip stamina challenged. The final row will be a buy-out and a test to see who can lean in and push when feeling tired.
– Deadlifts: Loading should not exceed 70% of your 1RM deadlift. Athletes should be able to get every round completed in 1-2 sets.
– Toes To Bar: Can be broken up as needed today.
– Row: Should take less than 5:00 to complete.
– Score: Total Time
– Athletes can play to their strengths here in this workout. If we are stronger on the barbell, let’s plan to break up the toes to bar. If we are stronger on toes to bar, let’s plan to break up the barbell.
– Once you have cleared the first 3 rounds, you have completed just about half the toes to bar and deadlift reps in the workout. We can use that for motivation and to help us properly break up the first 3 rounds if needed.
– Let’s aim to ramp up our row speed every 200m. We can expect our grip to be tired so let’s really use the legs here.