Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
1:00 Banded Hip Flexor Stretch (Each Leg)
1:00 Front Rack Stretch
1:00 Banded Lat Stretch (Each Arm)
1:00 Squat Hold
Bench Press (Build to a 1RM)
– Athletes should stop building if they miss 3 times at any weight.
– Score: Enter heaviest successful lift.
10 Empty Barbell Bench Press
5 Reps @ Light Weight
3 Reps @ Moderate Weight
…Keep building hitting singles until you reach your heavy single.
Crossfit Games Open 19.5 (Ages 16-54) (Time)
33-27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Time cap: 20 minutes
– Conditioning Category: Threshold. Athletes will move at their maximal sustainable pace throughout.
– Thrusters: Loading should not exceed 60% of your 1RM thruster.
– Pull-Ups: Athletes should be able to complete 5+ C2B unbroken when fresh to complete reps as prescribed.
– Score: Total time it takes to complete the workout. Add 1s for every missed rep if capped.
– We can play to our strengths here a bit in this workout.
– If you are better on the barbell, let’s shoot for bigger sets here and smaller sets on the pull-up bar. If you are better on the pull-up bar, let’s shoot for smaller sets on the barbell and bigger sets on the pull-ups.
– If we are confident in our capacity on both of these movements, the place to push would be the barbell. Our breaks are typically a lot longer on the barbell vs. on the pull-up bar so we want to minimize those breaks as much as possible.
– A key thing in this workout is transitions and breathing. Be urgent with your transitions and keep thinking about your breath.
– Reduce Loading
– Sub Dumbbells
CHEST TO BAR
– Reduce Reps (27-21-15-9-6 or 21-15-9-6-3)
– Regular Pull-Ups
– 21-15-9-6-3 Strict Pull-ups
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
Skill Conditioning Bench Mark 1.13.23 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
Skill Conditioning Benchmark
15 GHD Sit-ups
30ft. Unbroken Handstand Walk
– Athletes should complete the 30ft. in one straight effort. Hands should begin behind the beginning of the 30ft. section and finish just beyond the 30ft. section.
– If you come down in the middle of the 30ft. effort, you’ll need to restart.
– Score: Total rounds + reps completed. Fully completed 30ft. sections will count as 1 rep.
5-10s Hang Upside Down On GHD
5 Slow GHDSU
20s Handstand Hold
10 HS Shoulder Taps
10ft. HS Walk
– Reduce Reps
– Toes To Bar
– Weighted Sit-Ups
– Remove Unbroken Rule
– Reduce Distance
– Double Dumbbell Overhead Carry
– 15 HS Shoulder Taps
– 5 Wall Walks