CrossFit – Fri, Feb 24
Lowry CrossFit – CrossFit
Please continue to register for classes on Wodify and cancel any reservations you can’t make.
1:00 Active Spiderman
1:00 Front Rack Stretch
1:00 Banded Front Rack Stretch (Each Arm)
1:00 Child’s Pose On Box
5:00 Easy Bike
With An Empty Barbell:
5 Good Mornings
5 Back Squats
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Strict Presses
5 Front Squats
On Pull-Up Bar:
10 Scap Retractions
10 Kip Swings
1-3 Strict Pull-Ups
1-3 Kipping Pull-Ups
3 Rounds (Easy Pace):
3-5 Burpees Touches (Jump & Touch Pull-Up Bar)
5 Shuttle Runs
Build To Opening 1RM Thruster Weight.
Practice Round @ 75% Intensity (Time This):
5 Burpee Pull-Ups
10 Shuttle Runs
CrossFit Games Open 23.2A Rx (All Ages) (AMRAP – Reps)
Complete as many reps as possible in 15 minutes of:
5 burpee pull-ups
10 shuttle runs (1 rep = 50 ft)
*Add 5 burpee pull-ups after each round.
– Conditioning Category: Threshold. Athletes should move through this workout at their maximal sustainable pace throughout.
– Burpee Pull-Ups: The standard here is that the pull-up bar is above your reach. Let’s make this distance as small as possible by placing mats or plates under the bar. You can also jump directly into the pull-up which will make these reps go a lot quicker if you only have a short jump.
– Shuttle Runs: 10 shuttle runs should take less than 1:00 each round.
– See notes for 23.2B on the next slide.
– Score: Total Reps Completed At The 15 Minute Mark. Only fully completed 50ft. shuttle runs will count toward your score.
– If there is a movement to push the pace on, it’s the burpee pull-ups. Let’s make our speed on these the priority.
– We can pace our shuttle runs based off what will allow us to push the pace on the burpee pull-ups.
– We want every burpee pull-up to look exactly the same. Let’s keep this in mind as we decide on what your “push pace” will be.
– The goal on the shuttle runs is to be as consistent as possible. Something that will help hold you accountable is taking the same number of steps from line to line. As you get tired, remember to keep that stride length the same.
CrossFit Games Open 23.2B (All Divisions/Ages) (“Open Workout 23.2B”
In a 5 Minute Window, Complete a 1RM Thruster*
*Barbell Must Come From The Floor
Immediately following 23.2A, athletes will have 5 minutes to establish:
1-rep-max thruster (from the floor)
To learn more about CrossFit Games Open 23.2B (All Divisions/Ages) click here
– Category: Lift
– Athletes can squat clean thruster or power clean and then perform a thruster.
– Score: Heaviest Successful Lift.
– Have 3 weights in mind that you’d like to attempt.
– 1st Attempt: This should be a weight that you KNOW that you can hit no matter what. This should also be the weight preloaded onto the bar before beginning 23.2A.
– 2nd Attempt: This should be a weight you’d be satisfied hitting. This is likely around 90% of your 1RM Thruster. If you aren’t sure what your 1RM thruster is, it’s likely right around your 1RM squat snatch weight.
– 3rd Attempt: This should be a reach weight. We’ll aim for a 5-15# jump from your 2nd attempt and see if we can hit it! This may be a PR or it may be right at 100%.
– If you have small change plates, let’s use them and load them on the very inside of the barbell. These 1-2 pounds will go a long way on the leaderboard. Decimals will not count so just make sure they are whole numbers (round to the nearest pound).